Back in 2020 I was thinking of starting watching Precure, but was reluctant because there were so many episodes. I asked my friend Margaret about it, and she had written this article a couple months before that. She was sure I would enjoy it, so I decided to start at the beginning. Here’s her article:
May 29, 2020
Hello my friends and happy Friday, I wanted to put down a very quick list about the Magical Franchise: Pretty Cure or Precure. To those who do or do not know of the series, here are my reasons on why you need to watch this anime. Here we go.
1. It’s all about growing up.
2. The special effects are fantastic.
3. Almost every season has different main characters.
4. The themes are very meaningful.
5. Some of the mascots are very helpful and wise mentors and they’re not just an excuse to sell toys.￼
6. The villains have an interesting backstory.
7. The movies are almost better than the series and they tied into the storyline of the series.
8. Their costumes are beautiful and over the top (in a good way).
9. The transformation sequences are awesome to watch.
10. The songs are catchy and I love the singing voices of the Precures.
11. The crossovers are memorable and leave you with a sense of nostalgia.
12. They don’t over romanticize everything.
13. The scenery is wonderfully illustrated.
14. The characters are likable (main and secondary).
15. There’s diversity of the gender and ethnicity.
16. It’s one of the best representations of friendship and love.
17. The main characters are full of heart and leave an impact on you.
18. Each ending to the previous season opens up a new opening for the next season.
19. Each of the characters have very supportive family members.
20. There is always a moral to the episodes.